Mission, values, service standards and strategic plan
Our Strategic Plan 2019 - 23
Our learning priorities learn in the next four years.
In our Strategic Plan 2019-23 we have set out 8 learning priorities about what we want to learn in the next four years.
Here is a summary of our progress this year.
We work with third sector organisations and funders so that they can measure and report on their impact and use learning to improve practice and influence policy.
Our vision is that people in Scotland's third sector have the knowledge, skills and support to evaluate, reflect and learn from their work; and that learning from evaluation results in better services for people and communities.
The way we work
- We are accessible. We use plain English. We are friendly. We work in a way that meets the different needs and abilities of people and organisations.
- We work collaboratively with organisations, combining their expertise with ours to generate evaluation approaches they can own, develop and run with.
- We use different and creative ways to engage people in evaluation. We promote a wide range of evaluation tools.
- We are a centre of expertise on self-evaluation in the third sector and we share what we know.
- We work in positive partnership with others, sharing our learning and adding value to the expertise of others. We provide effective platforms for evaluation evidence to reach intended (and unintended) audiences.
- We promote a culture of learning within ESS. We seek feedback from everyone we work with so we learn from our successes and weaknesses and get better at what we do.
- ESS is a good place to work. We support and develop our staff and trustees so they can fulfill their roles and feel valued.
To ensure we meet these operating values we commit to the following customer care standards:
- We reply to e-mails or phone messages within five working days.
- We let you know if we cannot respond to you within that time and we keep you informed of what action we are taking on your behalf.
- If you phone and we transfer you to another person we will make sure you know who you are going to speak to and why you are being transferred.
- We ask you if you have any access needs when we work with you and ensure that, as far as possible, we meet them. This includes running training in accessible venues and providing larger print documents on request. Please ask us if you want to see our equalities policy.
If you want to complain about any area of our work, please contact Steven Marwick, ESS’s Director. If Steven does not satisfactorily answer your complaint, or your complaint is about him, please contact our Board of Trustees. Our convenor is Andrew Fleming.
To contact us please click here.