Big Lottery Fund learning support for grantholders
Big Lottery Fund learning support for grantholders is run by Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) on behalf of Big Lottery Fund in Scotland from November 2017 to 2020
We are delighted to announce that Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) will be delivering free learning and self-evaluation support to a range of Big Lottery Fund grantholders in Scotland from November 2017 to 2020.
ESS has 13 years’ experience of supporting third sector organisations show the difference they make.
What difference will this support make to me as a Big Lottery Fund grantholder?
Learning and self-evaluation will help you tell the story of your impact to funders and help you improve and deliver even better work.
Grantholders will be better able to:
- self-evaluate their work
- use learning to improve delivery
- demonstrate the difference they are making and
- share their learning with others.
What support will we offer?
Grantholders can take up a range of support such as:
1-1 tailored support:
This is a face to face meeting tailored to grantholder specific needs such as:
- identifying and creating evaluation methods and tools that fit your work
- making sense of feedback and data for learning and reports
- embedding evaluation and involving the people you work with.
Let’s Evaluate! workshops
There are three workshops that grantholders can attend (one, two or all three) of the following workshops:
- clarifying the difference you want to make and what you need to evaluate
Make to Measure
- choosing the right evaluation methods and tools and developing a plan
Telling My Story
- analysing data collected, using analysis for learning and reporting.
Workbooks and online resources
Workbooks cover the key information given at workshops and include exercises to work through. These can be used in addition to attending a workshop or instead of workshops.
You can also access our resources here including method sheets and tools and our evaluation support guides.
Additional support, resources, and case studies will be developed in the future including:
- webinars to share tools, approaches and learning
- peer learning and specialist events
- new sections on the website will include emerging tools, methods, blogs and case studies, including in relation to the Big Lottery Fund’s three approaches.
Topics and dates will be developed in response to emerging grantholder needs. Keep in touch through this page.
How to get support?
If you are interested in accessing learning support please contact your Funding Officer at the Big Lottery Fund. All support is free of charge to the grantholder. Once a referral has been made, the ESS team will discuss your support needs with you and agree how best to meet them.
Learning and self-evaluation support is not mandatory but is an opportunity to learn more about how your organisation and the service you deliver is working.
Martin Cawley, Scotland Director, Big Lottery Fund - Why learning from others is important
In the video below Martin Cawley, Scotland Director, Big Lottery Fund, talks about the importance of providing opportunities for grantholders to learn from each other.