Understanding intermediaries' impact
Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) is working with national third sector intermediaries about how they measure and report on their impact.
A resource for understanding Intermediaries' impact has been developed by Evaluation Support Scotland with a working group of national Third Sector Intermediaries. This was presented at a recall event on 8th February 2018. If you have any comments please contact Diane
The following event report tells you what happened at the Understanding intermediaires' impact seminar which took place on 24th July 2017, what the conclusions were, and three things that ESS in partnership with intermediary organisations will do now.
At the seminar a discussion paper was presented to the attending intermediaries and officials who feedback their views and gave suggestions to shape the next steps. Read the scoping report here.
The report includes:
- Defining the territory: what is an intermediary, who are they and what do they do
- Understanding intermediary impact: what we mean and gaps in the evidence base
- What we found out about evaluating impact: how impact is measured, who cares, types of outcome and types of activity towards these outcomes, methods used, measurement challenges
- Conclusion and next steps: if there is a need for help with impact measurement, issues for future work and what we propose.
1. Produce a resource that explains the range of functions, activities and outcomes of intermediaries and measurement issues. The key audience for this resource would be intermediaries themselves, Scottish Government and other funders.
2. Share and promote this resource amongst SG and other funders.
3. Later on more in depth work around how to measure and report on outcomes.
If you have any questions or comments