Our support to funders
"ESS demonstrated just how easily evaluation can be embedded into the delivery of services" Fiona Jamieson, The Robertson Trust
ESS works regularly with independent Trusts and Foundations as well as Scottish Government and other Third Sector commissioners. We have funders on our Board as well as developing partnerships through the Scotland Funders’ Forum and most major funders of the Third Sector.
We continuously develop our support in response to what funders tell us they need.
We can help you answer:
- How can we help the projects we fund to improve their evaluation?
- How can we better understand what difference our funding makes?
- How can we get better at using the information we receive to inform our strategy?
- How can we use the evidence we get to influence practice and policy?
What difference do we make to funders
Read about what difference we made to funders since 2014 in the 'What did ESS ever do for us? report here
Find out more about our:
Funder Development Programme
- Evaluation Support Accounts
- Tailored support
- Thematic Programmes (Walking the Talk)
- Learning Sets
- Reports and resources
- Harmonising Reporting
"I have learned a massive amount about the funded projects, self-evaluation, outcomes and the importance of evidence to support outcomes and the list goes on". Elaine Black, Scottish Government
- Steven Marwick,ESS, Funders and funded in harmony?
- Douglas Hamilton, R S Macdonald CharitableTrust, Building mutually beneficial relationships - funder and funded
- Áine Lovedale, Big Lottery Fund, Bringing the human touch to measuring impact
- Christine Scullion, The Robertson Trust, Expectations of FunderFest2016
- Janet Morton, Children in Need, (ESS Trustee), The power of funders learning together
- Elaine Wilson, The value of evaluation From a funder's perspective