Resources for funders
- Top Tips for funders
- Measuring mental health and wellbeing in children and young people
- Getting the best from external evaluations - Principles for funders
To give you an idea of the work we do with funders. Funders we have worked with include: The Alliance, Big Lottery Fund, Climate Change Fund, Coalfields Regeneration Trust, Community Food and Health Scotland, Creative Scotland, Inspiring Scotland, Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland, Paths for All, the Robertson Trust, Shared Care Scotland, Voluntary Action Fund and Wood Family Trust.
The Story of Support in the Right Direction - This report shows:
- How thematic programmes can demonstrate the impact of funding in a particular field of work or policy area.
- How to work collaboratively with third sector organisations.
- How Evaluation Support Scotland works in a range of ways to support third sector.
- Christine Scullion, The Robertson Trust, Expectations of FunderFest2016
- Janet Morton, Children in Need, (ESS Trustee), The power of funders learning together
- Elaine Wilson, The value of evaluation From a funder's perspective
Inspiring Impact resources
- Funders’ principles and drivers of good impact practice June 2013
- How funders in Scotland measure their own impact June 2014
- Blog by Dr Cassy Rutherford, The Robertson Trust : Taking our own advice - Embedding impact practice across our organisation
A group of funders and charities have developed 6 principles to make grant reporting more meaningful and mutually beneficial
Top tips for funders about building mutually beneficial relationships between funder and funded organisations.
A guide to measuring the mental wellbeing of younger populations for public health commissioners.
This resource is about external evaluations (for example of a grant programme), that are commissioned from consultants, universities or others. ...
This short paper came from an event where funders and third sector organisations discussed the challenges of understanding and reporting ...
This paper is for funders that have, or are developing online reporting systems.
We worked with the Scotland Funders' Forum to produce the Evaluation Declaration. This has 5 statements that describe why monitoring, ...
Research on reporting found that funders don’t always get what they need from the reports they receive and that voluntary ...
Harmonising Reporting was published in 2010 by the Scotland Funders’ Forum (SFF) with support from Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS). It ...