Our free all day event for funders took place on Thursday 16 June 2016 in Big Lottery offices in Glasgow.
“Great range of funders – lots of new faces. Good pace. The right people were in the room."Judith Lowes, Comic Relief
This event was an interactive mix of learning, sharing and good conversations where funders discovered different ways to get the best from grant-holders, found out about new resources and heard results of a survey about funders views on economic evaluation.
View the event report here.
View the full programme here.
Read Janet Morton's blog about her perspective of FunderFest 2016 - The power of funders learning together
- Walking the Talk: The launch of this guide for funders on how to evaluate policy and practice influencing work. See summary of the guide here and download full copy here.
- Economic evaluation: Findings from ESS's latest research on funders' views on economic evaluation.
- Getting the best from grant holders - Presentations about online reporting and funders' experiences of evaluation support by Kaylie Allen, Inspiring Scotland and Connie Williamson, Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland.
- Themed discussions: Different types of funder, different types of evidence; Getting the best from external evaluation; Support versus Compliance
- Christine Scullion, The Robertson Trust, Expectations of FunderFest2016
- Janet Morton, Children in Need, (ESS Trustee), The power of funders learning together
Some things funders said about FunderFest2016:
“Excellent! It was great having so many different types of funders to hear and learn from and I’m taking away plenty of ideas for my own work.”
“Discussion groups and hearing talks/presentations on experience of other funders worked. Making sure we mixed and mingled on the day to talk to as many people – particularly useful as I didn’t know many other funders in the room.”
“It’s the first time I’ve attended an event from the funder/grant-giver side. I’ve got lots of things I want to feedback to my fund manager and other grants officers.”