Scottish Third Sector Research Forum
The Scottish Third Sector Research Forum (TSRF) brings together third sector and public sector partners to:
- Promote and share research about and from the third sector
- Identify research questions and meet evidence gaps
- Promote the use of research to improve policy and practice,
in order to increase public and third sector understanding about the third sector’s contribution to public services and to improve third sector’s understanding and use of research.
The TSRF is supported by the Scottish Government. Steven Marwick, Director of Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) chairs the Forum and ESS provides the secretariat.
Please see the side bar for links to the TSRF's publications and evidence reviews.
Click here to view and download an infographic about the TSRF.
In May 2017 we evaluated the impact of the Forum. Read members' feedback here.
Find out what the forum is doing
TSRF Minutes of meetings:
Click here for minutes of previous meetings.
We send quarterly electronic newsletters to keep you up to date with the Forum's news and events.
To keep up with the Forum's news join the ESS mailing list (at the top of the page - Subscribe to our newsletter).
Who is involved in the Forum?
The Forum is made of a core membership and a virtual membership to widen involvement whilst maintaining a manageable size. 20 organisations are currently forming core members:
- Evidencing genuine co-production in the third sector (2017)
- Third Sector Partnership Compass (2016)
- The benefits of inclusive volunteering (2015)
- TSRF infographic
- Why Involve the Third Sector in Reducing Reoffending (2012)
- Why Involve the Third Sector in Health and Social Care Delivery (2011)
Find out more
Get in touch!
Find out how you can contribute to the TSRF's work