One of the main aims of the Forum is to maximise the impact of evidence through knowledge transfer and dissemination.
The Forum sees value in bringing together third sector organisations and academic researchers to explore how they can go about setting up positive and effective collaborations so that they can share learning and generate evidence.
Let's collaborate for Impact
The TSRF third annual Let's collaborate event took place on 13 September 2016 in Edinburgh. It focussed on what impact means for the third and academic sectors. See the programme here.
To get a flavour of the day see the event report; our Storify, and blog.
The Forum hosted its second event 'Let's collaborate' on 11 September 2015 at Scottish Government, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ.
Participants had the opportunity to:
- Understand different forms of collaboration between third sector and academia and how to spot the right one for you
- Identify practical steps to effective collaboration
- Have specific ideas on how to take collaboration forward
- Have networking opportunities to share ideas with others
The programme for the day involved short presentations, thematic roundtable discussions and three breakout sessions. The Research Forum took the opportunity to consult on a number of resources including 'Collaborating with academics'. The deadline for this consultation is 2nd October 2015.
To get a flavour of the day and see what participants had to say read Jane Marryat's report.
"Collaborating with a university has not only allowed us access to skills and expertise, but it has provided us with in-depth analysis and valuable insight from an academic perspective which will help further our understanding and inform policy making in a practical regulatory environment." Louise Meikleham, Engagement Manager: Policy and Research, Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
"Bringing the third sector and academic research together"
The Forum hosted a full day event on the 9 October 2014 in Edinburgh to start brokering third sector and academia relationships. At this event participants shared successes and challenges from experience.
- Got a better understanding of the benefits of research collaboration between academics and third sector
- Had opportunities to learn from/ share examples of positive collaborations already taking place
- Got a better understanding of the process of setting up academics/ third sector research collaborations
- Had opportunities to network.
Read the report from the event to find out what happened and what was discussed!