SIT? Evidence review on how third sector supports older people with degenerative neurological conditions in Lothian
Last Updated: Wednesday 8 November 2017
This report produced by the Neurological Alliance of Scotland (NAoS) presents collective evidence on how the third sector supports older people and their families who are affected by a degenerative neurological illness in Lothian. The five objectives of this work are:
- To identify and discuss the range and impact of the complex health and care needs older people living with a neurodegenerative disorder have and how this is located within the Reshaping Care for Older People agenda.
- To illustrate how the Alliance member organisations support older people with complex health and care needs via logic modelling.
- To identify the range of activities provided by these organisations and what the outputs and longer term outcomes are.
- To discuss the contribution made by the member organisations regarding the coordination of care, provision of therapeutic care, support for self-management,provision of integrated services and respite and carer support.
- To discuss some of the identified challenges faced by member organisations and any gaps in provision.