SIT? Evidence review on how third sector supports older people with degenerative neurological conditions in Lothian
Last Updated: Thursday 12 February 2015
This report produced by the Neurological Alliance of Scotland (NAoS) presents collective evidence on how the third sector supports older people and their families who are affected by a degenerative neurological illness in Lothian. The five objectives of this work are:
- To identify and discuss the range and impact of the complex health and care needs older people living with a neurodegenerative disorder have and how this is located within the Reshaping Care for Older People agenda.
- To illustrate how the Alliance member organisations support older people with complex health and care needs via logic modelling.
- To identify the range of activities provided by these organisations and what the outputs and longer term outcomes are.
- To discuss the contribution made by the member organisations regarding the coordination of care, provision of therapeutic care, support for self-management,provision of integrated services and respite and carer support.
- To discuss some of the identified challenges faced by member organisations and any gaps in provision.