Evaluating policy influence
Last Updated: Tuesday 2 April 2019
This paper is about the common themes that emerged from providing tailored support to three national third sector intermediaries around evaluating their policy influence.
Key things to think about:
- Who wants to know your impact?
- Measuring outcomes along the way
- Recording your activity is important
- There’s a difference between reactive and proactive policy influence
- When working proactively, it’s helpful to have a flexible plan
- Your evidence about a current issue can provide a baseline
- Policy influence is needed at different levels