Inspiring Impact Network: Shelving it? Storing your evaluation data
Tuesday 11 June 2019 | Registration at 12.45pm. Event runs 1pm-4pm | Dundee
University of Abertay Dundee
Old College Building
Old College Building is part of the Abertay main campus. For guidance on where to find the room go to the main reception in the Kydd Building, Bell St.
Who is this event for?
People working in third sector organisations; third sector funders; third sector trustees
Free of charge to third sector organisations but booking is essential. Funded by Inspiring Impact.
This interactive afternoon event is aimed at people working in third sector organisations who are thinking about how to get the best out of the way they store their data.
- are thinking about developing a database for your organisation?
- would like to improve your existing data storage systems or processes?
- want to hear how other organisations are approaching data storage?
There will be a mix of inputs, activities and opportunities to share experiences from the third sector of the challenges around data storage as well as what works! We’ll take you through some activities that will help you think about what you need a data storage system to do for you- based on the kind of work your organisation does and the data you need to collect. We’ll also have information and resources that you can follow up on later when you get back to the office.
By the end of the afternoon you will:
- feel clearer about what you need a data storage system to do for your organisation
- be more aware of the pitfalls and principles behind choosing a data storage system
- have increased knowledge about where to find more support and information on data storage
What the event won’t include
- showcasing or advising on specific types of database
- only focus on databases- we’ll talk about a range of ways of storing data
- provide advice on data protection or GDPR
Please note: we will not be providing lunch at this event but there will be tea, coffee & biscuits on arrival and at break.
For more information email Louise Bowen