Thursday 2nd February 2023, 11.00 am – 1.00 pm
Who can attend:
The roundtable is for you if you are a
- Scottish Government official who manages grants to the third sector
- third sector organisation that already received funding from the Scottish Government
- funder that distributes funding on behalf of Scottish Government
About this event:
Principles for Positive Partnership is guidance on relationships between Scottish Government and third sector grantholders. It was produced by a working group of officials and grantholders and launched in January 2020.
Launch participants were positive about the guidance but, while some progress has been made since then, awareness of the guidance on both sides is low.
There is a renewed need for effective funding relationships to achieve positive outcomes for the people of Scotland in the context of Covid recovery nd other challenges. Principles for Positive Partnership is a tool to help.
This roundtable event is run by Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS), SCVO and the Scottish Government Third Sector Unit (TSU).
At this event:
This is a repeat of the same roundtable we ran in October, where there is no need to attend again.
After a short scene-setting, the session will involve guided roundtable discussions and action planning. We will create a safe space for constructive discussions.
What we want to happen as a result of the roundtable:
- Grantholders and SG grant managers who attend see what they have in common and understand each other’s different perspectives
- Grantholders and SG grant managers who attend identify personal and system change actions to improve funding relationships.
- ESS/SCVO/TSU better understand what we can do to raise awareness about the guidance and/or improve it.
Please note, this session is NOT about applying for funding or giving out new funding.
We will be running this event in-person in Victoria Quay, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QQ
This event is free to attend but booking is required as places are limited. This event is funded by the Scottish Government Third Sector Unit.
Please book a place using the form below. We are currently limiting each organisation to 2 spaces, additional bookings will go on the waiting list