Last Updated: Thursday 17 October 2019.
This is the report for the launch event of ‘A Stitch in Time?’, a programme to demonstrate the Scottish third sector contribution to care for older people. This half-day event, delivered and facilitated by Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) in partnership with the Joint Improvement Team (JIT), took place in Edinburgh on 5 February 2013 and brought together 45 representatives from the third sector, the public sector, the independent sector and academia.
The main aims of the launch were:
1) For ESS to:
- Engage with stakeholders to get them on board;
- Gather their views to help us shape this programme
2) For participants to:
- Know what A Stitch in Time? is about;
- Understand how they can get involved and how they will benefit;
- Have an opportunity to feed in their views and experiences about the voluntary sector’s contribution to care for older people,
- And also – Do useful networking
The session involved:
- Setting the scene with presentations from Steven Marwick (ESS) and Andrew Jackson (JIT).
- Three participative exercises to get baseline information.
ESS got very useful information that will help to shape the programme and to give us criteria for evaluating our work. A brief overview is given in this report (A fuller report is available for those that want it).