The Third Sector Research Forum produce annual work plans with an overview of the work the forum aim to do.
Work plan for the 2021/22
- Standing item at each Forum meeting
- Share data amongst members
- Communicate key findings more widely
- Invite third sector and academic guest speakers to share their third sector research at forum meetings
- Continue to promote the Forum’s previous evidence papers
- Promote research by Forum members
- Provide occasional advice to key relevant research (e.g. respond to calls for evidence)
- Deliver 2 Learning together events in partnership with Policy Scotland – showcasing third sector research
- Consult and finalise TSRF guide to applying ethical research principles
- Plan and deliver a post-launch event about the TSRF ethics guide to be held in February 2022
- Gather and publish learning about online research
- Topic A: Ethics of data sharing
- Topic B: Dissemination of ethics guide (over summer 2021) thereafter another subject
- Maintain and develop Forum webpages
- Quarterly TSRF newsletter
- Tweet using TSRF Twitter account @TSRFScot
- Continue to promote the TSRF to wider third sector and academic audiences
- Disseminate TSRF ethics guide
- Gather case studies and evidence of use of ethics guide
The meetings and subgroups provide opportunities for members to network and seek support. At each meeting all members give a research update for their organisation.
Previous work plans
Previous years have included research on using lived experience as evidence, funding for third sector research, research collaboration brokers, co-production; inclusive growth; partnership working; volunteering benefits for people with complex needs, and the health of the third sector.
The Third Sector Research Forum meets four times a year and members take it in turns to host meetings at their venues in different parts of Scotland.
Minutes are produced from the meetings:
TSRF 2018 meeting minutes
TSRF 2017 meeting minutes
TSRF 2016 meeting minutes
TSRF 2015/16 meeting minutes
TSRF 2014/15 meeting minutes
TSRF 2013/14 meeting minutes
TSRF 2012/13 meeting minutes
TSRF 2011/12 meeting minutes
TSRF 2010/11 meeting minutes
TSRF 2009/10 meeting minutes
TSRF 2008/09 meeting minutes
The Forum has produced a Third Sector Evidence Framework
This document, among other things, aligns the Forum’s work to the policy priorities of the third sector and the public sector. This is so that as a Forum we can:
- identify where we can use evidence to support or challenge Scottish Government policy decisions
- maximise the impact of evidence in policy and practice at local and national levels.